Freespirits

Solamente la ardiente paciencia hará que conquistemos una espléndida felicidad

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Obamamania

Yes, I should write about the Xmas in Sarajevo, my books stolen from my car, moving to Macedonia, the new job-new flat-new colleagues, new topics I will learn and work on such as Roma (Nadia would be proud of me).. life back with Ilija

And yet, I can only reflect on this passion I have developed for Barack Obama.

I discovered him after reading an article on the Economist in 2005. I immediately googled him and youtubed him (my Gosh)..and there you go: the Democratic Convention in 2004..the best speech ever heard since Kennendy. Since then I developed this hope that he would change the path of America and the world. Just the idea of him visiting Africa, meeting the European Heads of States, talking politics with a human and honest face..giving hope to this world that has been openly driving itself towards the worse..

We had the worse leaders for long time...way too much time.

Than I bought his book" The audacity of hope"..and I stopped following Obama after he decleared he would run for President. I was simply too scared of hoping and getting disappointed..Hillary seemed so strong. She is still so strong and able to manipulate (the tears? please!)

And here I am again, reading news, searching for him on the web, writing on his facebook wall..going to work every day thinking that there can still be people and leaders able to make us dream of something, able to give us ..HOPE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Capisco che Obama t'ha preso bene, ma almeno metti un link alle foto di Sarajevo da Picasa, sigh!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home